Saturday, June 12, 2010

Redecorating my blog

You know those moods where you want to redecorate? Even if your space is fully functional and looks pretty darn good the way it is? I'm like that with my blog. It's so easy (yet can be easy to mess up) to change the look of my blog that I have to resist temptation to constantly change it. Case in point, Shabby Blogs has this new background called Brooke.


It's just adorable. I'd love to have it. I love that it has a white middle where the text goes. I don't know if you noticed but mine is a graduated yellow. I don't like how graphics with a white background look on it. If that is something I can change I haven't figured out how to do it. Anyway, Love, Love, Love the Brooke background.

And then I think about the blogs that I love like How About Orange, Centsational Girl, Living With Lindsay, Poppies at Play, and Homemade Mamas. They have such graphic and clean lined appearance and are cute but not cutesy. They have lots of white space and aren't crowded. They appeal to my modern, minimal sensibilities. In reality, if I change my blog I should head more in that direction and away from the cute appeal of the Brooke background.

What do you think?  Is it time to redecorate my blog? Or should I just go find something to paint and leave the blog alone?

Well I wrote the above and then decided to change my blog before I even posted it!  I went with a more modern, graphic, streamlined look instead of cute and also made subtle changes to my layout. Tell me what you think! 


2 comments:

  1. I think it depends how you feel about your blog. Does it reflect who you are and your style? If so, then leave it alone! If it's just not you, then consider changing it! = )

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you get those cute heart buttons for eamil, facebook, etc on your blog? I love those!

    ReplyDelete