Monday, January 31, 2011

Updating the Living Room

The wall with my front door has gone through several versions since I've lived here. I just couldn't seem to get the furniture right.

I started with a small table and chair. The table was way to small. I ended up selling it on Craig's List.


Next was a dresser I purchased on Craig's List for $30. I ended up painting it aqua. You might remember the post about it here. While I loved the carvings and the color, the style never seemed right in the room. I was going for whimsical but it clashed with all my other clean lined furniture. It bugged me.



While my son was home I moved in my long dresser from my bedroom and took the mirror off. I was decluttering my clothes and was able to consolidate everything into my tall dresser. I think it looks fantastic (now to do something about the lamp cord showing). It fits beautifully with the other mid-century, streamlined furniture that I have. My bedroom also looks bigger without so much furniture in it now. I sold the aqua dresser on Craig's List (love) for a profit.


I think I finally have it right! I'm very happy with how it looks. I'm making money on the aqua dresser and this last update didn't cost me anything. Just the way I like to decorate!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Kat, I just found your page and I'm loving it so, I'm your newest follower and I would love to have you spread the love and follow me back! =D

    Join my Flaunt your Stuff linky... Thanks!

    http://bargaincornerdesigns.blogspot.com/2011/02/flaunt-your-stuff.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for following! I've checked out your blog and think its great. I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete