Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Updates

Biggest Loser

Tonight I'm watching the new season of Biggest Loser on Hulu. The scary part? I'm heavier then some of the women on the TV show. Almost 20 years ago I gained weight with my baby and have never lost it. I also added a bunch on through bad eating and a sedentary lifestyle. A couple weeks ago I rededicated myself to a healthier lifestyle. I don't eat lots of really bad stuff - except I skip breakfast and sometimes lunch. OK and I also have a big sweet tooth. I believe that my metabolism is so slow that I hold onto any calories I consume. My first step toward a healthier lifestyle? Eat protein for breakfast every day. I'm giving myself 2 weeks to get this step under my belt consistently and then will move onto the next step - walking everyday. Will my weight loss be as fast as the Biggest Loser? Absolutely not. But I'm making changes for a lifetime not just a TV show. As long as the scale is moving in the right direction I'm happy.

31 Days

I'm participating in a blog challenge to write about a single topic for 31 days during the month of October. So many of the women committed are writing about amazing topics. My topic will probably be a little boring for those reading my blog. But for me, it will be a tremendous opportunity. I'm writing about completing projects around the home for 31 days. I have a to-do list that is a mile long. This is an opportunity to push myself to start or finish projects that are just lingering.

No comments:

Post a Comment