Saturday, May 11, 2013

Chinoiserie Brass Chest

Look what I purchased!



I purchased this cute small brass chest of drawers from Craigs List for $125. I love the Chinoiserie / Hollywood Regency look to it. Its currently sitting in my basement (the pictures above are from the Craigs List post) because I don't really have a place for it in my condo. I know, right? Purchasing furniture without a place to put it is kind of like hoarding. I'm sure if I wasn't so cheap I'd be a hoarder!

Anyway it was so pretty and sparkly and full of oriental brass goodness I couldn't pass it up. I think I'm at my limit of Chinoiserie furniture I can have in my condo. If I have more than one piece in a room in my small condo it'll start feeling like a bad theme instead of good Chinoiserie. This beauty will probably go live in the office / my son's bedroom or maybe replace the newish brass bar cart in the dining room. (I don't think I've shown you that yet). I think it's too big for the dining room though but will try it out to see. If all else fails I will turn around and sell it on eBay. (My pile of furniture to sell on Craigs List or eBay is growing by the day. I really need to stop purchasing and start selling!)

I'm still feeling under the weather and don't want to carry this bad boy up 3 flights of stairs and move furniture around to make it fit. I'll do that another day.

So what about you? Did you buy anything new this weekend?

3 comments:

  1. OMG this chest is seriously the coolest thing Ive ever seen on CL and I can't believe you scored it! Fantastic and congratulations!
    Thanks for following us!
    xo Nancy
    Powellbrowerhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This chest is absolutely stunning! Wow! What a score!!

    XOXO,
    The Glam Pad

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a score! Love!! I saw a similar one while on vacation in NC and it broke my heart because I couldn't bring it home with me.

    ReplyDelete