Saturday, January 2, 2016

Word for 2016

I don't do New Year resolutions. I never seem to be able to keep them, no matter how specific, timely, accountable, blah, blah, blah I make them.

The last couple years I've chosen a word or phrase for the year. 2013 was "do", 2014 was "don't die" (leukemia diagnosis -- in remission now!), 2015 was "no projects".

I've got a couple to chose from for 2016. One is "home". I really want to focus on getting my home in order. I've got a bunch of stuff to sell on eBay, I'm painting and redoing most of the condo, I need to focus on cleaning more consistently, and I want to do a major declutter.

"Companionship" is another option. I need more friends in my life. I'd like to be in a loving relationship with a significant other. 

"Better today" is the last option. I don't just want to exercise more, or eat healthy, or go to bed at a certain hour. I just want to be better today than I was yesterday. Tiny changes daily.

 Do you choose a word or phrase for the year or set resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment