Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Day 3 - New Mirror

I'm slowly updating my master bedroom. This time I'm tackling the art work. I got this canvas for free at an estate sale. It was the last day, they hadn't sold them and were looking to just get rid of them. I took home about 5 large canvases. I planned to repaint most of them. I like the painting on this one and it lived in my bedroom for around a year. With the update I'm moving to a pink, white, black, gold color scheme with a very feminine look, so this has got to go. I'm not sure what I'll do with it. Maybe try to sell it on Craigs List as I think it's pretty and has nice color to it. (For some reason I can't take a straight picture. Maybe I'm lopsided? Anyway the picture and the dresser are not tilted. It's just my crappy photography skills.)


I purchased this mirror from Home Depot. It's a Martha Stewart brand and was $35. I think it has a lot of bang for the buck. I love the regency look to it. And its more delicate and feminine looking which fits right in with what I'm working on creating. I'm very pleased with it. It's very light weight but took a little bit to hang because the mirror curves outward so I needed an extra long screw to make it to the hanger on the back.


You might also notice a new lamp base and a pretty pot. More items I'm working on and will talk about in more detail later.

No comments:

Post a Comment