Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Day 9 - New Lamp

This is a picture of my dresser in my bedroom the way it started out. I'm slowly working on updating my room. The lamp is something I found at a resale shop. I don't remember what I paid for it but I'm cheap so it was probably under $10. I purchased the lampshade at Target. The lamp used to live in my living room. Then I moved it to my son's room, then the dining room and finally in here. I like its Mid-Century Modern look however I'm moving in a more Hollywood Regency style for my bedroom and it has to go. I'll try to sell it on Craigs List.

The dresser and painting are not tilted. I just take bad pictures.
I found this lamp on sale at the Salvation Army for $3.99. I loved its feminine shape and pretty crystal look. It seems very romantic to me. I purchased the lamp shade at Target on clearance for $4.48. I had to go to a couple Targets to find a lampshade. Maybe they are phasing out carrying them? The selection was really poor, but I'm happy with what I found. The tall skinny shade is very different looking. It's a nice contrast against the other lights in the room. I added a low wattage blub for some mood lighting in the bedroom.




So for under $10.00 I have a new, more feminine lamp with a modern shade in my bedroom. I'm trying to sell the old lamp for $35 on Craigs List so I just might turn a profit on this update!

No comments:

Post a Comment