Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Flat Iron Steak

Yum! I've been making this recipe for a couple months. It's my current favorite meal.



Take a flat iron (or flank) steak and marinate it in 3 tablespoons of canola oil, 3 tablespoons of soy sauce, a knob of ginger peeled and sliced and 1.5 teaspoons of minced garlic. Marinate it for about an hour in a plastic bag, turning it every now and then. I cook it over medium heat in a cast iron pan for about 7-10 minutes each side, depending on how thick the steak is. I like my meat as rare as safe to eat (I joke I like my cow with a sunburn).


The soy sauce with the ginger and garlic is just delicious! It doesn't mask the taste of the steak, just enhances it.  No additional seasoning is required. I usually eat it with broccoli but was out so today I had cheesy rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment