The room is currently a milk chocolate color. I have 3 paints to chose from, a light gray, a dark gray and an aqua color. I first thought I'd paint the kitchen an aqua and keep my current green accents. My son dislikes that idea - strongly - and has pushed hard for gray. He thinks I should keep it all neutrals with black and stainless appliances, dark cherry cabinets and a warm tan-ish floor. I removed all other colors from them room and lived with it for over a week. I wasn't a big fan. I really missed having color in there.
So I'm sticking to my original plan of aqua walls with green accents. I really like bright colors and am learning to embrace them without the space being chaotic. I think I finally have it worked out. But more on that another day. With the aqua paint swatch on the wall it really brightens up the space (even though in the pictures it looks move white than aqua). The room is small and dark so brighter is a good thing.
|Yes, I spelled garbage incorrectly on my white board. Oops.|
Here's the plan:
- Paint the ceiling white (currently its the same chocolate as on the walls which doesn't help the room being dark)
- Install a new, non-halogen light fixture (the kitchen gets so warm in the summer with the halogen lights on)
- Update a yellowed electrical outlet and cover
- Paint the walls and radiator aqua
- Bring back the green accents
- Make a faux roman blind
- Add a little zebra and pom-pom fringe (it looks great in my mind - I swear!)
- Make some artwork for over the knives
- Update the rug
- Paint the dog and cat food containers so they blend in better
- Organize all my recipes
- Add a mirror to the back of the door (my primary entrance to the condo)