Thursday, September 5, 2013

Last Days of Summer

My son left for college at SCAD in Savannah Georgia Monday morning. He's a Senior this year (!!!!) and working again as a Resident Assistant in the dorms. He was out of town with friends for a few days and only got home in time to wake me up, kiss me goodbye and head to the airport at 2:00 am. Luckily the friends he was traveling with dropped him off at the airport on their way home so I didn't have to get up and drive. I'm NOT a morning person, no matter how hard I try.  He'll had a wait at the airport until his flight at 7:00 am, but it worked out well. He'll be home in 10 weeks for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I miss him when he's gone. But I'll enjoy having only my messes to clean and my food budget is much smaller when I'm not feeding a 21 year old.

I'm happy summer is over. I glad to get back into a routine. I'm also looking forward to long sleeved shirts, boots and leaves crunching when I take my walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment