Friday, November 18, 2016

The Meters

Do you ever hear a song on a commercial that just makes you smile? Perhaps its something you remember from your teens and it makes you feel young again. In my case it was a song I had never heard before but had a great beat.

So I did a little Googling after hearing this song on a Google Pixel Commercial and found this song. You gotta hear it. 70's funk was around when I was in grade school and oblivious to stuff unless it was on TV. (I remember watching my dad watch Soul Train on TV! That's some groovy shit.)

Anyway give it a listen. It's fun.




And you can listen to this one too...it's considered classic funk apparently (at least according to Wikipedia)




And apparently my listening limit is 2 funk songs in a row. Give me a little Adam Ant from the 80's and I can listen to all his albums all day!

No comments:

Post a Comment