Friday, May 7, 2010

Fab Friday Favorites

Hi and welcome to another week of Fab Friday Favorites. Can you believe it's already Friday? Seems like I just wrote this post for last week. Hope you all had a great week and are ready for some fabulous projects.

This is a waterproof picnic blanket by The Cottage Home. I've got to make myself one of these. I don't picnic often, but when I do this would be super handy.

I love setting my table with pretty linens, runners and napkins. I don't have many napkin rings (except the twine and PVC pipe ones I made here. These reversible fabric rings would be nice to have to add a punch of color to solid napkins. Pickup Some Creativity has a great tutorial on how to makes them. Bonus! I'd get to practice my button hole sewing technique.

Oh my, how extraordinary! This ribbon and bird chandelier is a Pottery Barn knockoff and is simply wonderful. Where or where could I hang something like this! Made by Living with Lindsay. Lindsay always has the coolest projects on her blog.

Sweet Charli has a tutorial on how to turn ordinary flip flops into these feminine ones on the cheap. Off to buy flip-flops because I want ruffles and flowers by my pretty painted toes!

 
Danielle from Life on Dehlia Lane made this cute burlap menu board. I have a similar project ready to show you, but I love how she stenciled in the crossed spoon and fork. Cute and practical!

Sometimes simple is best. This utensil holder has elements that are all the rage right now - burlap and numbers. And how easy to make, Rocky Bella shows you how. Go to her blog, and check out her kitchen backsplash. Love!

The Painted Hive talks about their furniture business, Lemonbutter. I saw these adorable stools and thought the idea would transfer to my folding wood TV tray tables I have.

Thrifty and Chic shows you how to make these Pottery Barn knock off mason jar votive holders. I think the best part of the post are these wooden holders shown in this picture. They don't talk about how to make them, but it seems simple enough. Imagine these lining your patio, or down the aisle of an outdoor summer evening wedding. I need to start an "if I ever get married again file" and have these be my first addition.

Oh my word, this is just so fun! Random Thoughts of a Supermom (and isn't that the best blog name you've heard?) made this candy sushi. I just LOVE sushi and this just has me smiling. I'm going to make some for the dessert table of my son's high school graduation party!

I hope you enjoyed and were inspired by these projects. Go forth and craft!



 

3 comments:

  1. I love the ribbon chandelier! Also a very big fan of the burlap utensil holder, what great ideas!

    Stopping by via New Friend Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm here from Friday Follow...I'm your #100 follower!! Your blog is really cute. I love the canning jar candle holders...TOO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m now a Friday-follower! Please follow back.

    My latest postings are, “Simple Gesture,” “Smiles,” “Spring,” “A Feast,” “Love Lifts,” “Wake Up to Serve” and “Soul-itude.”

    http://inspiredbyron.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete