Saturday, October 13, 2012

Day 13 - Another New Futon Cover


Remember back on Day 2 of my 31 Days of Updates Around the Condo when I showed you a new black futon cover for my Son's bedroom? Well I didn't like the way it fit. See the wrinkles? It was too big (even though I ordered the correct size) and the fabric was too thin. You could see/feel the dimples on the futon from the stitching which I didn't like. The reviews of the cover were mixed. I don't know why I thought mine would be OK. Silly of me. I wasted $12 in shipping and return shipping costs. Anyway I returned it and purchased another one.



The new one had great reviews on Overstock.com. It also came in more colors. I thought a gray color would be nice rather than black. I have a light haired cat who likes to hang out in the room. Her hair always showed up and required a lot of vacuuming to look nice. I decided that the gray would be a better solution. I'm still not sure I like it. I have a lot of black in the room. I instinctively want everything to match although when I think about it I know that some of the decorated rooms I like best have no matching in them. Yes things will coordinate but it doesn't have to be the same. I think as I pull together the rest of the room the gray will be fine. Besides I'm not returning this cover so I'll have to make it work!

No comments:

Post a Comment