Sunday, January 20, 2013

Dining Tablescape

My dining room table is really prominent. The dining room is open to my living room and you have to walk thru it to get to the kitchen and back door (which is our primary door). The table is a dumping ground for everything coming into the house and me emptying my purse junk. I've been trying to keep it clean and I've been wanting a "tablescape" for it so it looks more interesting than just a blank table. My problem is that I don't really like lots of stuff around. And I wanted something interesting that doesn't need to be changed out for each season and not too fussy. Maybe something a little Hollywood Regency-ish. Oh and I didn't want to spend a lot of money.







I purchased a bunch of mismatched glass candlesticks at thrift stores and grouped them together. There is still enough space for me to sit and eat my dinner without moving stuff around. I like it! It makes a statement and is a little different. It really fills up the space without feeling cluttered. I spent about $10 for 16 candle sticks and $8 for candles at Ikea. So for under $20 I have a really nice look.



No comments:

Post a Comment