Thursday, December 27, 2012

2013 Home Goals


 I've been working on some goals for 2013. Other than the perennial lose weight, that is. But that's another post. Here are my home goals for next year.
  • Finish the living room: paint the closet, ceiling and black dressers, upholster the oak chair, teak oil the teak, make some decorative accents, replace couch, replace coffee table
  • Finish my son's room: make/purchase drapes, make some pillows, complete some artwork, replace the ceiling fan and have the water damaged window sill replaced.
  • Finish the bathroom: repair the door, hang towel racks, seal grout over sink.
  • Finish the dining room: paper back the china cabinet, find new chairs & reupholster them, set up the bar cart, make a gallery wall with shelves and leaning black frames.
  • Misc: hide the cable tv cable, paint all the trim white, paint all the doors black, wash all windows & screens inside and out.
I'd love to throw kitchen and master bedroom projects on the list, but those rooms are barely started and I don't realistically think I can get it all done. I would prefer to finish the rooms that are almost complete and finally be done with them. I don't know if I'll have a focus room for the month and work on projects for that room only for the month or if I'll jump around and do projects that sound interesting. I really want to get the rooms finished so I might focus one at a time and really wrap them up.

I do know that with these house goals and the personal goals I'll share later I need to be more productive. Less sitting on my butt, more doing. All the projects sound so easy on paper. I have a whole year. How can I NOT get these done?  Everything takes longer than I anticipate. I also overestimate the amount of time, energy and patience I actually DO have.

How about you? Do you make goals for the year?

No comments:

Post a Comment