Let me introduce myself. I'm Kathleen and I'm in the process of refreshing my condo on Chicago's North Shore. This time around the overall look for my condo is what I like to call contemporary glamour -- sophisticated, feminine and shiny sparkly stuff!
This is my first One Room Challenge. I've decided to tackle my office. It was my son's bedroom. He is now an adult and has moved out to his own place. Its time to make the room mine. I had made a little progress last year on the shelves but I just used stuff I had laying around. Time for a redo. I want to lighten the place up, make it more feminine, add some storage and functionality and basically zhush the place up! (And I'm so tired of the pea green walls!)
Here are some pictures of the room after my son moved out. The main elements are a desk, shelves and a futon.
My plans for the room are
- Paint the room gray
- Paint the ceiling and trim white
- Change out the desk, add storage
- Change out the shelves - lighten up the place
- Update the futon - new cover, stain the frame?
- Add drapes
- Change out the art above the futon
- Change out the shelf decor
- Add a surprise design element!