Friday, November 11, 2016

ORC Week 6 - Reveal Day

Today is the big day! It's week 6 of the One Room Challenge by Calling it Home -- Reveal Day!! The challenge was to make over a room in 6 short weeks and blog about the process. Go here to see the other guest participants rooms!

You can view my initial plan here: 


I made over my son's former bedroom into my home office. The before pictures are after a quick refresh right after he moved out. It looked ok but didn't function well. The requirements were storage, a lighter brighter feminine space, display space for rotating art, and easier to access book storage.

Here are the before's:







After several plan changes and a few set backs here are the afters:












I'm very happy with my progress. The room isn't completely done. I still have the rotten windowsill and light fixture to repair/replace. The radiator covers need to be sanded and painted and replaced. The drapes need to be hemmed and the black ball trim attached. I have a 1/2 completed globe diy in process. And I need something between the desk and the window. Whew! Seems like a lot, but a lot was done to this room. I'm a slow decorator so a 6 week challenge was HARD for me. Progress not perfection, right?!

I'll go more into the status and details over the remaining to-do's, a cost breakdown, a resource list and how we made the giant bulletin board in the coming weeks.

I'd like to thank Forrest and Kris for all their help in getting this room done. We all know if it was left up to just me I would be on my 8,384th plan and paint would never get up on the walls. Also thanks to Linda at Calling it Home for organizing this wild ride.

Be sure to check out the rest of the ORC Guest Participants!

3 comments:

  1. Even though you aren't finished it still looks so good! Great job....and I am a slow decorator also:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should be very proud of yourself. This is a long and challenging journey : ). I love your princess room. It looks so fresh and girly. Funnily, I liked the before too : ).

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fun space! I love the pops of black and that chandelier print is my fav! What a beautiful reveal!

    ReplyDelete