Tuesday, July 19, 2016
Monday, July 18, 2016
Wednesday, March 23, 2016
It was with a sad heart that I had to say goodbye to my wonderful dog Sebastian the Marvelous after 12 years of loyal companionship. He was sick and it became unfair to keep him with me instead of relieving his pain and suffering.
It has been several weeks now and I still look around for him and get up to take him out before bed and then realize he isn't here. My cat Starbuck has taken his absence very hard also. She walks around calling for him, looking in all his favorite spots.
Sunday, January 31, 2016
I just wanted to share a little sneak peek of some of the changes in the living room. Lots left to still accomplish, but I like the direction I'm heading. More to come!
|Living Room January 2016|
Saturday, January 2, 2016
The last couple years I've chosen a word or phrase for the year. 2013 was "do", 2014 was "don't die" (leukemia diagnosis -- in remission now!), 2015 was "no projects".
I've got a couple to chose from for 2016. One is "home". I really want to focus on getting my home in order. I've got a bunch of stuff to sell on eBay, I'm painting and redoing most of the condo, I need to focus on cleaning more consistently, and I want to do a major declutter.
"Companionship" is another option. I need more friends in my life. I'd like to be in a loving relationship with a significant other.
"Better today" is the last option. I don't just want to exercise more, or eat healthy, or go to bed at a certain hour. I just want to be better today than I was yesterday. Tiny changes daily.
Do you choose a word or phrase for the year or set resolutions?
Friday, January 1, 2016
Tuesday, January 13, 2015
- Paint the walls SW Latte
- Paint the ceiling white
- Paint the trim white
- Hang the bed crown with lace drapes
- Decoupage the chest of drawers with vintage sheet music
- Hand paint the dressing table/chest with a design
- Paint the jewelry cabinet cream
- Make cross stitch painted bird art for the wall
- Purchase a bed skirt, euro shams and decorative pillows
- Use my Pottery Barn floral duvet cover
- Purchase some type of decorative window covering. I don't need privacy or light control.
- In the spring replace the window air conditioner unit
- Make a cover out of drop clothes for the file cabinet
- Switch out the closet contents and organizers with the sewing room
- Change out the current broken ceiling fan
- Clean up the vintage trunk at the foot of the bed
- Use the hounds tooth rug that used to be in the living room